The Salvation Army Extension Unit of
Audrain County

As an extension unit of The Salvation Army, The Laura Miller George Help Center provides emergency financial assistance to individuals and families in need. To be able to provide this assistance we are responsible for raising all of our own funding that we provide to the people we serve.

We do this through our annual "Bell Ringing Campaign, also known as the Red Kettle Campaign". This campaign occurs each November and December for four weekends. We "Ring the Bells" at Walmart and Moser's Foods in Mexico, MO. To accomplish this, we need your help! Will you join our team of volunteers who brave the weather to help someone else?

To sign up to "Ring the Bells" this year, please call 573-581-3238 Extension 12 or email phillip.iman@mexicohelpcenter.org to find out open time slots and get signed up


An extraordinary 85% of the funds raised stay here in Audrain County and the remaining 15% goes to The Salvation Army for their support of our financial assistance all year long. When you drop a donation in the red kettle, you are helping someone with a need such as a birth certificate, prescription medicine, work boots or clothing, rental assistance, utility bill assistance, and other emergency financial assistance that may be impacting the life of the one coming to our door asking for assistance. We maintain accountability by intaking each request, listening carefully and talking through their situation and offering referrals to partner agencies and support if it is something that we can help with and isn't being duplicated by another agency.

Please consider donating your time and financial resources to The Salvation Army of Audrain County, you may being helping a friend or a neighbor in need. 

Please note that we accept financial donations to the Salvation Army of Audrain County all year long. You may donate in-person at our office at 409 Fairground, Mexico, MO or you may mail your donation to the same address. All donations earmarked for The Salvation Army will be used only for benevolence, helping our friends and neighbors in need. 

Salvation%20Army%20logo_edited.png
Adopt-a-Child image.png

Welcome to The Help Center Inc. Adopt-a-Child Program

Consignment with Class

The Laura Miller George Help Center's annual Adopt-a-Child program is near and dear to our hearts!

 Each year we partner with community members, organizations, and businesses to provide Christmas gifts for children who might not otherwise receive gifts. If you would like to participate please reach out to The Help Center to "Adopt-a-Child". If you know of a child who would benefit from this program, applications will be available at our Thrift Store from sales counter beginning on November 1st and will be accepted through November 30th.

Please note: you must be the custodial parent or legal guardian of the child and you must reside in Audrain County in order to enroll your child.

Thank you to everyone for your ongoing support, financial donations to this program are welcome and encouraged. A special thank you to the Freedom of The Road Riders: local 13, for all of their hard work to provide gifts for many children!!